Members, supporters and residents are invited to attend the 2022 Annual General Meeting of the Downtown Charlottetown Greens Regional Association on Thursday, 24 November, 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Doors open at 6:30 PM. Masks recommended.
The meeting will include the annual report and the election of a Coordinating Team.
The evening will conclude with a Q&A, followed by a mix-and-mingle with D12 MLA Karla Bernard and D13 MLA Ole Hammarlund. Refreshments will be served.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but want to exercise your right to vote, you can ask a member in good standing to be your proxy. You will need to provide the member with a signed note that states “I hereby appoint [the name of the member] as my proxy to vote on my behalf.” Please make sure you verbally communicate your voting intention to your proxy.
All members in good standing are eligible to vote and to be nominated for a Coordinating Team position. A member in good standing can be nominated or nominate themself for a role on the Coordinating Team. Please send the candidacy e-mail to [email protected] by Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
The key tasks of each position are listed below:
- Supervises and has the responsibility to for the coordination of the affairs of the RA.
- Presides at all RA meetings.
2. Data Coordinator
- Produces regular reports to the RA on the number of current and expired D12 and D13 members.
- Updates contact information as required.
3. Financial Coordinator
- Monitors RA funds through its Virtual Account.
- Authorizes RA expenditures.
- Submits donations received and expenses incurred to the party for deposit or reimbursement.
4. Communications Coordinator
- Drafts and sends e-mail correspondence to RA members as needed
- Ensures that the RA webpage (on the main Party website) is up-to-date, including submitting RA events to the Party’s Events Calendar.
What is a Regional Association? Composed entirely of party members, it plays a critical role in local grassroots activities, community engagement, selecting, supporting and raising funds for candidates in elections. A strong member association is instrumental in laying the groundwork for the successful election of a Green MLA.
The Green Party values inclusive events, and that includes ensuring that parents with young children are able to take part in activities as well. Please see our Childcare Policies to find out how we can help.
2 Kent St
Charlottetown, PE C1A 1M6
Google map and directions