Housing is in a state of crisis on PEI - and has been for several years. Rapid population growth, changing demographics, and a lack of government foresight and action means that, for many, keeping a roof over their head is neither affordable nor something that can be taken for granted.
How do we get out of such a desperate situation, and into a future where affordable, appropriate housing is a right enjoyed by all?
Let's put it all on the table and talk about the future of housing on PEI. Topics of discussion at this forum may include:
- Rental housing and the upcoming new Residential Tenancy Act;
- What it takes to end homelessness;
- Alternatives to housing-as-usual, such as cooperatives, co-housing, tiny homes and more;
- The housing needs of seniors;
- The role of rules & regulations, such as municipal zoning, building permits, the building code, short-term rental regulation, etc;
- Net-zero energy housing;
- Accessible housing;
- Addressing the root causes of rising home prices and rents;
- and more!
This forum will take place online via Zoom. To register, please add your information and click "Register" below; you will then be taken to a Zoom registration page to complete your registration and obtain the Zoom participation link.