Are you ready to do something big to win something big?
Then our Spring Training Weekend - Making a difference - is the place for you to be on Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, May 6th!
Following our May 4th General Meeting and Three-year Anniversary celebration of Peter Bevan-Baker's breakthrough election in 2015, this weekend is for anyone who wants to play a role in a successful Green campaign for the next election, whether you are thinking of running as a candidate, or want to help in any capacity in a local or provincial campaign.
The unique thing about this weekend is that participants will also have the opportunity to help shape the strategies and tactics we use to truly make a difference by campaigning in a different way than what people have grown used to.
This training weekend is open to Green Party of PEI members. If you are not currently a member, you can join today for as little as $10 for an annual membership, or you may join at the May 4th General Meeting or at the Spring Training Weekend itself.
To help cover meal and venue costs, participants who waged are encouraged to make a voluntary, tax-creditable donation of $20, and this can be applied to a new or renewed membership as well. After registering below, you will be redirected to a donation page where you can make a contribution by credit card if you wish.
Sessions during the weekend include:
- People-centred campaign cafe - jumping off from a stimulating event on April 10th with special guest Thomas Teuwen, we will work together to come up with and elaborate on concrete ways to infuse our campaign style with a people-centred and values-based orientation.
- Campaign basics: How to prepare for an election - Learn what important things we can and should do over the next few months leading up to a possible fall election.
- Standing on your rock: Values-based communication - Learn how to communicate more meaningfully and create an emotional connection with people, without having to memorize the party platform.
- Prospective candidates: What to expect, what’s expected? - If you're planning to or thinking about running for the Green Party, this session will help you understand what to expect your campaign to look like and in terms of party support, and what is expected of you in turn.
- Planning for successful events - Events of all kinds, from tiny coffee parties to large fundraisers, are a major tool in the campaign toolbox. Learn about how to successfully plan different events for achieve different objectives without draining your time or campaign account.
Preliminary schedule (subject to change):
Saturday, May 5th:
- Arrive and register 9:30am
- Sessions begin 10am
- Lunch and social break 12:30-2pm
- Afternoon session resumes 2pm-4pm
- 4pm school's out! Optional social gathering at local venue TBA
Sunday, May 6th:
- Arrive 12pm
- Sessions 12:30pm-3:30pm
Need onsite childcare services? Please fill out this childcare request form to let us know your needs!
Need a ride? Can you offer someone a ride? Interested in carpooling to Cornwall? Fill out the Ride Share form, and we'll do our best to match you up!
29 Cornwall Rd
Cornwall, PE C0A 1H1
Google map and directions